Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Love at First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

            So I started a book club a couple months ago and this month we are reading "The Selection" by Kiera Cass. I encourage you to read this as well and let me know what you think about it. Next month Kiera is coming to Dallas for the Romantic Reads Convention and I am very excited to meet her. I have been waiting a long time to meet her. Who's your favorite author and have you met her/him?


           What a cute book! I love the way the titles reflect the book and the beautiful way Sparks executes the entire book. The development of the characters can always be better, but I believe that Nicholas Sparks did a great job with Lexie and Jeremy. It is set in a small town in South Caroline. He writes articles for various newspapers exposing that the  paranormal has science behind it. But Jeremy meets Lexie at a cemetery in Boone Creek and what else is to happen except fall in love. Of course relationships are not easy. And if you can't do your job to support yourself or your love finds out she is pregnant, that is just the cherry on top of the ice cream. When Lexie finds out she's pregnant Jeremy decides to move to Boone Creek to help her raise his kid. But then he gets mysterious emails from an unknown source making him question everything!
            I would give this book probably a 4/5. It is a good book and I would recommend you read it. I do not think this book is for everybody, but for the romantics  and maybe even if you are not a romantic it could be for you too.
            Join Lexie and Jeremy on their journey through life... Only through about a year's worth, but still. Have fun reading!
"The first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you
 try, that feeling just never goes away."-Nicholas Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment