Monday, September 7, 2015

Don't Fail Me Now by Una LaMarche

            Five kids travel across the country to California from Baltimore by themselves. They don't tell their parents where they are going. I know that a lot of what they are doing is illegal, but this adventure that they are trying to pull of is bigger than not trying to get caught by the law. The relationships between these five kids may start off really crappy, but I think that LaMarche does a great job at expressing what's really important. Family is important. Living is important. Knowing where you really came from is important, but knowing that you can overcome the challenges of where you came from means so much more.

RATING: 5/5 Stars

            One of the only things that bother me with this book is that Michelle, the oldest and also this book is from her point of view, is racist. She is downright racist and it bothers me to think that with freedom growing everyday she could still be so racist. BUT in the end her racism is not bad enough that it ruins the book. It just comes to show that when you constantly see problems dealing with racism it starts to grow on you. It is real and in the world.

I highly encourage you to read this book. I love this book. It's a great reminder to not take things for granted and to appreciate the things that I have. I hope you pick up your copy of the book and let me know what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment