Sunday, July 12, 2015

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

            Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige should be made into a movie. It has just the right amount of everything I love. It has magic, which I actually don't read a lot of books with magic. I don't have anything against magic, but for some reason I just haven't read a lot of it.
            Anyway Dorothy Must Die is about a girl named Amy Gumm who is also swept up in a tornado and brought to Oz. This happens after Dorothy's version of Oz. But when Amy gets there, Oz is nothing like Dorothy left it in her version of Oz. This Oz is dreary. The magic is fading from the ground. To return Oz to what it once was Amy must:

1. Remove the Tin Woodman's heart
2. Steal the Scarecrow's brain
3. Take the Lion's courage
and...
Dorothy Must Die

I highly enjoyed this turn to Oz. This particular world has some amazing twists added in Dorothy Must Die. I highly recommend this book. There is some romance in it, but it is no where near the focus of the entire book. She must save the world, protect people she doesn't even know, and try to keep herself alive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment